iPhone 8 in Weibo leak

Do you think the iPhone 8 will have a ceramic back?

• YES

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • NO

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
so I was surfing through Weibo and saw this post actually multiple people have talked about this has being a leak on how the sites going to look once its announced. I do not know if these photos are real or not but if its truly made of ceramic the price will be insanely $$$$$

Attachments

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Miami

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I can see a Product Red version down the road, but no ceramic back.

RuffDraft

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
The shiny edges make me cringe. Scratch city for those. They should be matte.
Agreed - I don't like the blush gold either. I'd probably have gone for the white one had it not had those awful edges. I can't believe that is the real design. I much prefer the look of the iPhone 7.

michael9891

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2016
England
It doesn't seem to have the notch design that all the leaks/rumours are pointing to? Personally, I think it looks great though.

the future

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2002
This – a completely white body – is the only case in which white bezels might look fine for the OLED iPhone, notch and all. Shame there won't be a white OLED iPhone. And certainly no ceramic body. It would be awesome, but very hard to manufacture and prohibitively expensive.

ssrij

Suspended
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
so I was surfing through Weibo and saw this post actually multiple people have talked about this has being a leak on how the sites going to look once its announced. I do not know if these photos are real or not but if its truly made of ceramic the price will be insanely $$$$$
This is just another render. I first saw it on https://www.apple.com.so/iphone-edition (It's a fake website, not Apple).

The 8 will only come in 3 colours.

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
That is a render!!!

Infiniverse48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2017
The iPhone will come in 3 colors:

Jet Black (nearly identical to iPhone 7)

White (nearly identical to Apple Watch Edition, black face, white body)

Champagne (new, different gold color due to having to change materials, and black face)

Look how awesome the Watch looks, I think the iPhone would look cool as hell with this color:
IMG_3443.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG

Last edited:

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I saw some tech blog that the ceramic iPhone 8 will be like the Project Red iPhone for the 7/7Plus. It will come several months later. I'm not sure if it's worth the wait, when you have 8S soon after it. But, I like the idea of a ceramic white iPhone 8. I'm all for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.