iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Pro ? 2 different edition models coming September?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Jun 7, 2017.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

One being more premium than the other
    $870 for the base iPhone 8 and $1070 for the Pro model ?
    Screen size being the biggest difference.
    Any rumors about it ?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There have been lots of rumors about the iPhone 8 And lots of threads created On the different rumors throughout the iPhone forum. Where exactly did you conclude those price points for the iPhone 8?

3. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Pro new price for storage
    $200 more for twice the storage
    So 64GB base and 128GB Pro model starting price.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 8, 2017 ---
    32GB for base *

4. Relentless Power, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I'm not seeing your correlation with the price points with the iPads and iPhones. If you pull up the comparisons between the iPhone and iPad, they're not the same price points for the storage. For example, the 256 GB iPad 12.9 Pro is $899.00 and the iPhone 7 Plus is $969.00. Or the 10.5 iPad 256 GB is $750.00 when the 4.7 iPhone 7 256 GB Is starting at $850.00. Those price comparisons are not The same.

iPhones are traditionally priced higher with storage over the iPads. And now the iPad can carry up to 512 GB of memory, which I'm not sure how you can configure the storage costs.

5. SofaBearDel macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've only just got an iPhone 7 and already there is an iPhone 8. It's a shame as the price people are willing to pay for seemingly unjustifiable "upgrades & features" is insane.

Let me give you an example. Below is Apple's list of new features
    • No headphone jack (possible space saving but the skeptic in me suggests this is greed by Apple)
    • Capacitive, haptic home button (this is at best an annoyance and is certainly not what I'd walk into a shop and ask for to aid my phone purchase decision making)
    • Improved water resistance (Meh, pretty standard)
    • Dual-lens camera for iPhone 7 Plus (Meh, pretty standard)
    • Design similar to iPhone 6s (Wow, this is actually listed feauture!! :) )
    • Upgraded A10 Fusion processor (as any good upgrade should have performance improvements)
    • Stereo sound (Wow, this is actually listed feature!! :) )
    • Improved battery life (listed only because the previous batteries were so horrendous)
    • Glossy 'Jet Black' color option (Wow, this is actually listed feature!! :) )
    • (PRODUCT)RED color option (Wow, this is actually listed feature!! :) )
    Surely, rather than raping loyal customers for their money, wouldn't it be worth actual upgrading and fixing things that suck on the iPhone? Things such as:

• The keyboard does not appear to have changed since release. Other OS's have the ability to use word flow, which is a whole lot faster and more accurate, and more than that.........it's 2017? Tapping each and every key???
    • There may be "Shot with iPhone" adverts on TV, but the cameras still can be sucky. I still haven't found a phone camera to compete with my Lumia 925 and 930. iPhone lags in this department.
    • Integrated mail sucks on iPhone. Ergo, you install a third party app, but then when you want to forward an attachment or file, iOS is looking for you to utilise the inbuilt mail?
    • Battery... It’s a perennial refrain that iPhone owners would much prefer an iPhone that stays the same size, or even gets slightly thicker if they can get longer battery life out of the device.
    • Autocorrect.......One of the most annoying things about the iPhone is also one of the smallest. The autocorrect functionality that Apple has built into iOS is pretty prone to making erroneous and sometimes ridiculous substitutions and corrections. And instead of proofreading the text or email that we’re composing, too many iPhone users simply hit send and then either laugh or turn beet red when they look back at the message later. Overzealous autocorrect may not sound like a big deal, but if you want confirmation that it’s a pretty common complaint, just take a look at your friends’ Facebook posts (and subsequent comments), or scroll through your message history with an iPhone-toting friend.
    All in, Apple has become to mobile phones what Microsoft has to PCs and they hold you to ransom knowing that it is too difficult to switch or use anything else. The apps I rely on for work and personal life have stopped being supported outside of iOS.......

Damn. :-(

6. Closingracer macrumors 68020

It seems everybody here works for Apple and has inside knowledge

7. Closingracer macrumors 68020

Even as somebody who while has a lot of Apple products but by no means a fanboy what? Seems you just either hate Apple or the iPhone. Go get An android and call it a day.

I have a Google pixel XL and an iPhone 7 and as far as camera goes I'll stick with my iPhone since it's my daily driver and it's great. As far as keyboard goes you can easily download another one. I use SwiftKey since that's the one I use on my Android devices ever since I had one ( had a Samsung galaxy S2,3,4 and Note 3,4 and Nexus 5,6)

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Look on YouTube and even the Macrumors site.

You been asleep or something?