iPhone 8(+) iPhone 8 is fantastic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cycom, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

Had an SE, just got an 8 (non-plus). This is an outstanding phone. Pocketable, nice heft, fast, good camera. This will tide me over till 2020.

2. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

Congrats on your 8. I am a big fan of the form factor, it's a nice in-between of screen size and compact. Currently on a 6S myself, don't think I will upgrade for a while since I'm a light user. Mostly upgraded due to damage on the old phone (5S)

3. Cycom thread starter macrumors 6502

Cycom

Indeed the form factor is great, especially with the apple leather case.

4. joyjoy22 macrumors newbie

Totally agree with you, this is the reason why I am not planning to upgrade and get the new iPhone X.

5. msp3 macrumors regular

>tfw the next "SE" will be the iPhone 8 with new internals (in the spirit of the original iPhone SE)

6. 3:16 macrumors regular

3:16

Fantastic phone indeed. I have a 7 for atleast two years now. The phone is good except the battery at 94% capacity. No way I’m gonna pay thousand of dollars for new phone.

I will keep it 2-3 years.

7. Cycom thread starter macrumors 6502

Cycom

This would be great. A crisp oled display would be icing on the cake. Don’t care about Face ID or bezels.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yep. Upgraded from the 6S Plus to the 8 last year and have been pretty happy with it. Don't understand the deal with the haptic button that was introduced with the 7. It's been fine.

9. Cycom thread starter macrumors 6502

Cycom

Agreed. The Taptic motor is great. Shakes up the phone quite well when on silent. Far better that the old vibe motor.

10. Wide opeN macrumors 65816

Wide opeN

I really liked my iPhone 7 A LOT!!!

Between hating the home button, and wanting Band 71 on T-Mobile though I felt compelled to move on.

Congrats on your purchase though.

11. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

That would be great. Make Apple great again.

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I mean, even an iPhone 6s could ‘tide someone over till 2020’. One doesn’t need to have the latest iPhone to have enjoyment with something that meets their expectations. That’s why Apple has different iPhone models for everyone.

13. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

I also have an 8 and really like it. An iPhone 8 form factor with eSIM + physical SIM slot with the latest A-series and 3GB or 4GB RAM would be a nice upgrade option.

14. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

The iPhone 8 is a great phone and that’s the reason it’s still a hugely popular upgrade and often popular in the business world due to it being cost effective. If a salesman comes for a meeting they’ve usually got an iPhone 8 or the XR in my experience.

15. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

The 8 is a great phone! It should have no issue with tiding you over to see what 2020 has in store.

16. Elitegate macrumors member

Agreed. While i prefer the Plus size more, i like that there are two size options. iPhone 8 is amazing even in 2019 or 2020. I also love mine. It's also a very compact phone and very powerful on the inside with a great display and a great camera.

17. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

The iPhone 8 has a lot going for it. 3D Touch, wireless charging, great cameras, ridiculous A11 processor, especially for screen resolution, portability, etc. Congrats.

18. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Enjoy! My wife and I both got an 8 on launch day, and they've been great. I think we'll go for the new 2019 phones next month since we want the better phones, and we have family members who are on older phones and can use the used 8.

(My wife's phone is occasionally hit with the reboot issue that supposedly doesn't exist, but that's a separate story...)

19. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

The 8 and 8 Plus were greatly underrated and overlooked because of the much hyped X being unveiled at the same time and released soon after. I love my 8 Plus, and will likely skip upgrading again this year unless there's some major surprise feature of this year's phone that hasn't leaked yet.

20. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

iPhone 8 is underrated because the cursed tech world demands a design refresh, hence the overwhelming recommendation on not buying iPhone 8 series. But for me, after using iPhone XS Max for a while, I realise iPhone 8 series really nails the design down to a good balance between usability, features, screen, durability and size, being iPhone 6s Plus the best among all.

21. Rockadile macrumors 6502

A flagship in iPhone 5 or 8 size.

It's strange that small = lower tier in tech nowadays o_O

22. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

23. theramod macrumors member

theramod

I am actually thinking of buying an iPhone 8 instead of Xr/XS when my carrier contract ends in two months. XS is simply too expensive here in EU and I really like using 3D touch.

24. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

Happy 8 user here. Next phone upgrade will ideally be when network providers in my country roll out 5G.

25. gus1989 macrumors newbie

Just picked up an 8 yesterday. Just waiting for my Visible SIM to get signed up on their service. Coming from a beat up 7+. Other than the form factor - not expecting much difference but am looking forward to a smaller phone again.