iPhone 8 Plus Apple leather case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coachbrady79, May 26, 2018.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

hey has any used the Apple leather case for the iPhone 8 Plus if so how has your experience been thus far and over time ?

2. Ashton Cofer macrumors member

I've been using the leather case on my iPhone X for about 9 months now and my experience with it has been very positive. Although it is a little pricy ($50), the quality of the leather feels premium and it has done a great job in protecting my phone.

The only thing that I would like to point out is that the leather does show wear over time as it can be scratched/worn out by holding it. However, this isn't really a negative as the phone case seems to "age" with your phone and the wear gives the case a more rustic look as time goes on.

3. ericwn macrumors 68020

I like my orange leather case for my black 8+. It has darkened in the first couple weeks a bit and I really like the look and feel of the case. Also, it’s easy to remove- I occasionally use the phone naked and appreciate not having to spend a long time to get the phone out.

4. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

The leather cases are great. Not dust magnets like the silicon ones. Very durable. A little slippy the first 2-3 weeks. But, after that they have good grip.

5. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

I’m a big fan of them. Had one for my last few iPhones including the 7+ and now X. Love how they age and become personal over time. As mentioned, they are slippery initially but that doesn’t last long.

6. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone provide some aged pictures also do you guys worry about the bottom being exposed

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Never have been a big fan of Apple’s quality for their leather goods. For that price I shop around.
    My choice: Vajacases.com.

8. Krabba, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018

Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

9. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

In my experience with two iPhone X phones, it has.

11. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

Yes, looks flush but the case extends a millimeter or two beyond the camera housing.

12. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

ok good I was worried that the camera may be scratched .

13. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

Pretty good look at it here. It hasn’t been an issue for me with the 7+ and X leather cases.

[​IMG]

14. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

--- Post Merged, May 27, 2018 ---
    nice thanks for the picture!!1

15. aukuski03 macrumors newbie

aukuski03

[​IMG]

This is the Berry leather. It has aged pretty well, doesn’t look “dirty” imo. I am not worried about the bottom being exposed for daily use, but when I’m on vacation at the beach or know that I’m gonna be in a wet or rough environment then I definitely throw it into the LifeProof so I don’t have to worry.