iPhone 8 Plus Apple leather case

coachbrady79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
hey has any used the Apple leather case for the iPhone 8 Plus if so how has your experience been thus far and over time ?

Ashton Cofer

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I've been using the leather case on my iPhone X for about 9 months now and my experience with it has been very positive. Although it is a little pricy ($50), the quality of the leather feels premium and it has done a great job in protecting my phone.

The only thing that I would like to point out is that the leather does show wear over time as it can be scratched/worn out by holding it. However, this isn't really a negative as the phone case seems to "age" with your phone and the wear gives the case a more rustic look as time goes on.

Reactions: coachbrady79

ericwn

macrumors 603
Apr 24, 2016
I like my orange leather case for my black 8+. It has darkened in the first couple weeks a bit and I really like the look and feel of the case. Also, it’s easy to remove- I occasionally use the phone naked and appreciate not having to spend a long time to get the phone out.

Reactions: coachbrady79

rugmankc

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
The leather cases are great. Not dust magnets like the silicon ones. Very durable. A little slippy the first 2-3 weeks. But, after that they have good grip.

Reactions: Dino F

Krabba

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
I’m a big fan of them. Had one for my last few iPhones including the 7+ and now X. Love how they age and become personal over time. As mentioned, they are slippery initially but that doesn’t last long.

coachbrady79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
Can anyone provide some aged pictures also do you guys worry about the bottom being exposed

Krabba

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
Last edited:

coachbrady79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015

aukuski03

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2018
Can anyone provide some aged pictures also do you guys worry about the bottom being exposed

This is the Berry leather. It has aged pretty well, doesn’t look “dirty” imo. I am not worried about the bottom being exposed for daily use, but when I’m on vacation at the beach or know that I’m gonna be in a wet or rough environment then I definitely throw it into the LifeProof so I don’t have to worry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.