iphone 8 plus back glass durability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coachbrady79, Oct 15, 2017.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

My iphone 8 plus has been in a case from day one took off the case today and I see a few minor marks on the back glass, anyone else have this issue with there iphone 8 plus space grey?

2. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

uag monarch case.

3. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

There has been a noticeabley high number of reports (here and other forums) regarding manufacturing imperfections with the 8 series phone.

This is only an observation and not a reported fact.

4. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

I like the Apple cases because they have microfiber on the inside and that helps keep dirt from getting in between the case and the phone. I used an Apple silicone case and an Apple leather case on my iPhone 7. My dad uses a cheap case off of Amazon. My 7 looked brand new after a year. His 7 Plus has a bunch of little spots all over it where dust/dirt got in and wore the spots into the finish on the phone.
    I just got my iPhone 8 Plus and Apple silicone case so it’s too early to tell.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Perhaps the case that you were using Was rubbing up against the back of the iPhone glass, causing it to scuff. Third party cases can be a culprit for issues such as these.

Post # 5 in this thread has some good information as well.

6. predation macrumors 65816

Just take the phone out once a week and clean it. I’d pick up an Apple case, but not too keen on having an exposed bottom.

I take my jet black out every night before Monday and clean it with a microfiber cloth.

*** LOL. That sounds funny ***

7. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

Not that great, launch day 8 plus.

Attached Files:

8. coachbrady79 thread starter macrumors member

was that with or without a case ?

9. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

I had a micro scratch out of the box on my space grey iPhone 8 - have had to put a back screen protector on to avoid getting any more. :(

10. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

I don’t have the space gray but I do have the gold with the UAG monarch case, and no scratches if anybody’s interested in this color.