iPhone 8 Plus better battery life over 7 Plus ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tig Bitties, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Tig Bitties macrumors 68040

Tig Bitties

I keep reading that the iPhone 8 Plus matches the iPhone 7 Plus line for line in early battery benchmark previews. The two phones will have identical battery life per the early tests.

Ok so if everything is practically the same, aren't they missing a major thing ? The A11 is supposed to be a heck of a lot more efficient and run cooler than the A10, that right there I thought would give the 8 Plus the battery lead over the 7 Plus ?

I know it's too early without hardware in our hands, but what do you think ? 8 Plus battery vs. 7 Plus ? I would be more surprised if they were exactly the same, I am expecting the 8 Plus to have truly stellar battery life. I know the 7 Plus already has great battery life, but thinking the 8 Plus will go a step further.

2. gadget123 macrumors 68020

8 has smaller battery than the 7.

3. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68040

Tig Bitties

Well there ya go then :( Well that sucks. I heard the 8 Plus is just a tad thicker too than the 7 Plus, due to the glass back and wireless charging.

Man, when I thought we'd be getting a phone with even better battery life than the 7 Plus, they go and do that.

4. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

It’s more efficient but also faster, so that basically cancels it out.

5. Azzurro macrumors regular

More reasons to ignore the 8. How could they downgrade the battery life. Geez.

6. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

The wireless charging hardware must be taking up space in the chassis.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

One thing to consider, is battery life is completely subjective based on Settings and user content. Apple can rate the battery life Based on testings, but it's completely variable based on how somebody uses their iPhone on a daily basis. Everybody will have different battery life and it varies based on usage.