iPhone 8 Plus - Call Quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Falcon703549, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Falcon703549 macrumors member

Falcon703549

Received the new iPhone 8 Plus on Friday and received two calls yesterday, both callers said it sounded like I was very distant. Did the following tests:

Made a call from iPhone 8 plus to landline:

1. Answered with Apple headset - Call quality was excellent.
    2. Disconnected Apple headset and continued call with iPhone 8 Plus in case - very distant and faint on other end of the call. Not good.
    3. I removed the case, slightly better but still not great.

Has anyone else experienced call quality issues, tested on two new phones this weekend, same for both.

Falcon

2. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Sad that Apple doesn't focus on the primary function of cell phones: calling. I'm keeping up with the "static during calls thread" as well. Sounds like a lot of people have that problem.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Could be your carrier. I called my office with both land line and my 8+ and they sound pretty well the same. I am on ATT.

4. Falcon703549 thread starter macrumors member

Falcon703549

Perhaps but why would the call quality be perfect using the Apple hands-free wired connector?

It does not make any sense, same call, not different calls.

5. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

No issues. Wife hasn’t complained and I have no complaints.

6. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

This. I wish Apple would focus even more on sound quality, high-definition audio and voice, signal strength, best-in-class speakers and microphone.

Facetime Audio is fantastic. Best-sounding calls on any cell phone, ever. I wish Apple would continue to invent in this space, giving us an even better Facetime Audio product with huge bitrates and zero dropouts.