iPhone 8 Plus Camera Blur

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LastLine, Mar 24, 2018.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hey guys hopefully a quickie here but I’ve recently upgraded from a 6S to the 8+ however I’ve got one element that’s disappointing me so far and that’s the camera.

I’m finding I’m getting a lot of motion blur in places I wouldn’t have previously with my 6S. I’m assuming this could be to do with the image stabilisation in the camera slowing the shutter speed but it’s a bit annoying.an eExif viewer shows I’m getting a shutter speed at 1/7 of a second in decently lit conditions.

Anyone else get this? Is it the phone, the software or just bad luck on images?

2. Helmsley macrumors regular

Helmsley

Mine is fine...in fact, one of the best cameras I've owned.

Can you post an example photo?

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

The cameras fantastic no doubt it’s just occasional little bits of motion blur where I’d have thought the shutter speed was fast enough to catch it
    Example
    https://imgur.com/a/mxorn

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

Considering the 6S doesn't have OIS(it has digital stabilization) I would imagine the 8+ to be a huge improvement in all respects. My X camera was one of the most noticeable differences I noticed when I upgraded.

5. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I haven’t noticed this issue and have been really impressed with the camera, but I’ve mostly been taking scenery pictures while traveling, rather than action shots.