iPhone 8(+) iPhone 8 Plus - data usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mja1228, Apr 14, 2018.

1. mja1228 macrumors newbie

mja1228

This morning I woke up with a text message from AT&T indicating that I used 75% of my data. As of yesterday, I had used 10%.

So I get up and go onto my at&t account and it shows that I consumed 18 gigs of data whilst I was sleeping. Not to mention that I wasn't downloading anything, and my devices are always connected to my home wifi network.

So I call AT&T this morning and they start telling me that the device MUST have told the network that I consumed that much data. When I look on the phone, it says my current period was 650mb...

what do I do?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

You can see your cellular data useage was under Settings -> Cellular. There it’ll give you a breakdown app-by-app of how much data was used.

If it were me and I wasn’t getting anywhere over the phone with AT&T... I’d simply take my phone into one of their stores and show them my phones cellular data useage in person so a company rep can verify your claim and try to get you some help.

Good luck :)

3. mja1228 thread starter macrumors newbie

mja1228

yeah I did that, and it's only 650mb.. It's really not the end of the world, but it's the principle. I now have 5-6gigs left for 12 days (which will probably be fine) but I should have 20 gigs...

I give AT&T a ton of money each month, and their customer service reps are the most useless human beings in the world.

thanks for the advice - I'll go to the AT&T store on Monday..

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

No problem. Yeah, sadly we’ve all been there at some point with the brain dead reps. Some are good and really know what their doing to provide good customer service, but anytime I call I’m usually expecting the worst... that way I’m not disappointed and instead only happily surprised in case I get a good one ;)

But yeah, have them check out the phone in person to verify your claim. It should show at the bottom of the cellular data section the “last reset” date and it’s not like you can fake the data useage numbers on your phone so they shouldn't have any reason to doubt you. Of course... be ready for more brain dead reps at the store too and be ready to ask for a manager / raise a fuss if needed :p