iPhone 8(+) iPhone 8 Plus - Flights Climbed in Health

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

Yesterday, I noticed that my iPhone 8 Plus has been counting 'Flights Climbed' for stairs that I have gone up.

Here is a pic of my daa for 'Flights Climbed':

upload_2018-4-17_9-55-49.png

As you can clearly see, my phone has been counting my flights climbed, between 31 March 2018 and 16th April 2018.

This makes zero sense though...????:confused:
    Why has it ONLY been counting this since March 31st 2018??

Looking at the actual data for the individual days (from 9th April onwards), it shows that I have climbed flights at around 18:00 to 18:10 every day. I know where this is counting because at around this time every day, I am walking home from work and at this time, I am actually walking up a very steep pathway, whereby the phone is thinking I am climbing stairs (even though I am not). This is fine as I know how the data is being collected.

However, what I don't understand is why my phone has ONLY been counting these 'flights' since 31 March 2018 and why is there a massive gap between 16 June 2017 and 31 March 2018 even though I make the same journey every day (up the steep pathway) and always have my iPhone 8 Plus (which I have had since launch) and my S0 Apple Watch (which doesn't count flights climbed anyway)??

2. colodane, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018

colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

My iPhone 8 has never counted flights/floors (other than the occasional single digit number) during the several months I've had it. The step and distance counts are fine and correlate well with GPS and FitBit devices. I also would like an answer or, even better, a solution for this! And, I live in Colorado and routinely do hikes with thousands of ft in elevation gain. An ideas?

Edit: Hold on! Just decided to check the health data (hadn't looked at it for quite awhile) and it looks as if the flights/floors may be working. And, a couple weeks ago I updated to 11.3. Maybe there was a fix then? Haven't done a stiff uphill hike since then. I'll do one soon an check it out.

3. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68030

Dino F

....yea, I'm also on 11.3 so something must have changed around the end of March (when 11.3 was released but reading through the official notes shows no fixes for flights climbed?!) when my phone started counting flights/floors.