iPhone 8 Plus Notifications Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by AW84, Oct 18, 2017.

1. AW84 macrumors newbie

Got my 8 Plus at launch and all seems well, except notifications are a bit wacky. In particular, I can't get Facebook notifications AT ALL, and other apps seem to randomly flood my lock screen at times and other times don't. For example, the other day I randomly turn the phone on to see all of my old voicemails listed on the lock screen...and they won't go away unless I go in and delete said voicemails.

I called apple Support regarding this and because most of my issue was third party apps (like FB), they couldn't offer any assistance. Is this a more widespread device issue, iOS, or both?

2. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Not seeing the problem with my 8+. All apps that are set to allow notifications are doing so.

3. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I've been having notification issues. Like I have one email that shows up. I clear it. Then later on it shows again. It's been doing this for a week and I can't seem to find a way to make it stop.

I've also noticed other apps doing things like you talked about. I'll clear a notification, then next time I look, I'll see all the notifications from that app for the past two days.

I'm on a 6 Plus, not an 8. And I'm planning on going to an X. So I just thought I'd wait for the new phone rather than trying to fool with my existing phone to get it working.

4. AW84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried everything, including deleting the reinstalling said apps.

5. iSayBoourns Suspended

iSayBoourns

Facebook has always been dodgy with notifications on iOS.

You have to keep Facebook logged in and in your App Switcher for notifications to reliably work.