iPhone 8 Plus Silicone Case Texture IS Different

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TreRep, Sep 23, 2017.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

iEric007 wrote in the wrong section :
    Is it just me, or is the texture on the new iPhone 8 Plus Silicone Case different than the iPhone 7 Plus Silicone Cases? I feel like it is is a little different out of the box. I even noticed the bottom corners feeling a little more pliable.

I was hoping the cases would be made a little different. I would hate how the iPhone 7 Plus cases would peel quickly. If they’re different, I hope they’re made better and able to withstand peeling better.

I can confirm! the quality is really superior!
    the bottom corners will not have the problem of broking..

and the texture is really different.. much better...

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Its new. It will feel different.

Ive had year old worn in cases, get anew one, and many times thought... hmm they changed the material.
    But I think its usually placebo.

3. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

Nope, they change it every year. The 6 silicone was different to the 6s silicone and that was different to the 7 silicone so the 8 silicone being different is expected

4. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

My wife has an iP7 with an iP7 pink sand silicone case and an iP8 with the new iP8 pink sand silicone case and they feel different to me as well.

5. walds11 macrumors 6502a

6. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

I am a dope! I just re-posted my iPad one on here and then I just saw your response! I am so getting fired by the mods!

That’s what I thought. Glad I am not the only one that noticed it. The thing that drove me the most crazy was the peeling of it. I had 4 different colors and they all peeled on the corners, which ultimately made the case look terrible and old, fairly quickly.

Thank for confirming. And thanks for reposting! (I should have done a search before re-posting.)

Eric

7. skydancer macrumors newbie

My Rose Red feels more silky than my Midnight Blue and Aqua ones from my iphone 6 plus.

8. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

Anyone now that has had the cases for a few days noticed any peeling or rubbing in the corners? The iPhone 7’s Silicone cases would peel on the corners and edges.

9. edfoo macrumors 6502

Nope. I have had mine since the launch week.