iPhone 8(+) IPhone 8 Plus Sucks

Trying to Love Iphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Wherever I Work
I have been thru every model IPhone that has been made and thought I was going to love the 8 Plus. It is terrible; everything seems to interrupt the connection during phone calls: sitting near TV (tv turned off), sitting near AC air handler, sitting too close to Echo device, etc etc. Everyone tells me I fade in and out and I drop 2 out of every 3 calls! The only feature I like is the finger print scanner and now that is gone on newer versions.

I will have to admit AppleCare exchanged phone twice but with each one the symptoms got worse! As much as I hate to admit it - I may have to move to an android phone. I really hoped I would not have to wait a year or two for Apple to bring back finger print scanner.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
I used to have an 8 Plus and never had any of the issues you're describing. Truly strange. I don't know what to tell you.

ARizz44

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Owned an 8 Plus for two years and zero connection issues outside of known carrier outages. Given the love of the 8 Plus in the forums the last two years with emphasis on reliability, your situation is not the norm. If you think android is a better option at this point, go try one out.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob