iPhone 8(+) iPhone 8 screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Msullivan91, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Msullivan91 macrumors newbie

I'm considering taking my iPhone 8 to the Apple Store for a screen replacement. My phone has a scuff on the screen that is pretty noticeable. I know that the iPhone 8 is water and dust resistant with a IP67 rating. If Apple is doing the screen replacement will my phone still have the water and dust resistance feature? Also is Apple's screen repair service any good? I have Apple care but I have never had to use it.Any thoughts on the service would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

AppleCare+ won’t replace it just for a scuff it has to be cracked. To answer your question, yes your phone will be water resistant again and they will repair it properly.

3. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Just because you have AppleCare, doesn’t mean you gotta use it for minor repair. You do get 2 incident repair at discounted $29 per screen or $99 for any other repair. When you do some major damage, then it’s prolly the best time to take it in or before coverage expires if you decides to resell it as refurbished.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Yes, when Apple makes repairs for iPhones with the water resistance rating, your water resistance will not be compromised, as they will use new gaskets/seals when they repair the iPhone.

5. Kerry78 macrumors regular

Kerry78

Unless it breaks I’d just put a tempered glass screen protector on it as they seem to hide scratches well ;)