iPhone 8 screen rumours - update now or then?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Galacticos, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

i was going to wait until next year for the iPhone 8, keeping my iPhone 6 until then, but given the rumours about only one device having an oled screen, it might not be worth it as I'd be getting the smaller model.

It's either an intentional rumour by Apple to get people to buy phones this year - or true, which wouldn't surprise me but none the less be disappointing

2. kimscreativehub2 macrumors newbie

I agree diff screen from what we have now "a beautiful fine one now" not worth upgrade , I have a iPhone 6 and I'm waiting for the pencil to work with iPhone and get the plus, being an artist... if it's even in the cards

A real digital pocket sketchbook, how cool

3. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I'm sure you're keen on it, but I can't see it for a long time if at all

4. kimscreativehub2 macrumors newbie

Yes, I can only wish spin a star

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I also think the 2017 phone will debut OLED for the plus or Pro only...the 4.7" will very likely be lcd.

6. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

It would make me angry

7. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

It is what it is...

Since I'm due for an new phone next year anyway, I may try Samsung...although I dislike the bloatware and the lack of updates.

I wish they would release similar to Apple ie September launch...would simplify things a little, although the March release is good in other ways.

8. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

about the most reliable thing Apple does these days is drip feed years old technology.. if they all have all the upgrades I'll treat it as a nice surprise

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The rumors are actually suggesting that the 2017 iPhone with edge-to-edge screen and virtual home button might be sold alongside updated iPhone 7s and 7s Plus.

However, this 2017/Pro model would have a larger screen in roughly the footprint of the current 4.7" iPhone.