iPhone 8+ slower than 7+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mhnkl, Sep 24, 2017.

1. mhnkl macrumors newbie

mhnkl

I just saw this video on YT showing iPhone 8+ lose pretty big against the iPhone 7+ in a ”speed test”.

Never seen a new Apple phone lose against an old one. Even previous iPhones have always been faster than their old siblings when new ones comes out.

What do you guys say about this? Thoughts?

Here is the video:

2. Pelea macrumors 6502

I don’t think this will change in the future. Looks like 3gb is a handicap on the 8+.

I didn’t expect this to happen for 1-2 years. The phone is already outdated

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

4. Pelea macrumors 6502

My snail feels faster than his bmw

5. Arni99 macrumors 6502a

IOS 11 + apps need to be updated - then it will fly :)

6. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

Did I watch a different video? Did you watch it on mute? Did you mix the two phones up?

The video shows the iPhone 8 boot up significantly faster, faster app launches and better benchmark scores.

The real world usage test shows the iPhone 7 operate apps faster - but not significantly - and the video states this is to be expected as apps have not yet been optimised.

Total non-thread.

7. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

It was mentioned multiple times in that video that App optimisation for IOS 11 needs to happen before hardware in both models of phones will show their true colours.

The thread title is a little misleading & should never have happened. :confused: :D

8. fokmik macrumors 68040

developers need to optimise the apps for that dual+quad cores, even for all six cores to works on the same time for heavy apps, remember until now all of the apps were dual core optimised

9. Pelea macrumors 6502

Yet Apple stated that their dual cores are 25% faster on the 8 than 7, so ur logic here is wrong

10. mhnkl, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

mhnkl thread starter macrumors newbie

mhnkl

The phone on the right is iPhone 7+, the phone that was fastest in the video i linked, so what are you talking about?

What he is talking about is that developers need to update their apps for iOS 11 and then we will see the true resualt.

So please, stop your stupied attitude or leave the thread.

The thing I react on is that this big of a difference between two models haven’t been seen from Apple before. By the video there is a 25% difference in speed between these two phones. To catch up 25% by update apps is a big optimazation, then these phones are tie. But who knows, an optimazation might resualt in a huge performance gain..?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2017 ---
    Maybe, but a difference in 25% to reach same speed is much.

Explain what you mean with misleading? Im not here to brag about iPhone. I love iphone but reacted when I saw this YT video and wanted to see what the forum thought about it. Since I Havent seen this kind of big difference before between two iPhones after a release.

11. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

My post should have read “app re-launches” are faster - the part at the end.

The point I’m making is that the video does not conclude that the iPhone 7+ is faster. As you say yourself, it states multiple times that the performance difference in the first half of the video when loading up apps is due to lack of optimisation. This makes the title of the thread misleading because, again you say it yourself, the true result is not yet known.