iPhone 8 space grey unboxing video?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TinaBelcher, Sep 20, 2017.

1. TinaBelcher macrumors 6502a

All I see on YouTube is unboxing videos for the "gold" that the reviewers has been paid by Apple to promote to their viewers.

- "The gold is my new favorite color"

- "If you want the iPhone 8 you want to get the new gold color"

- "honestly, what's the point of getting the new iPhone if you're gonna go with black"

- "no one will tell you got an iPhone 8 if you don't get the new gold"

As if they're all going to "rock" a foundation colored phone. Nice try. I just want to see what that damn space grey color looks like on a glass back. Ugh. Please, share any videos you can find.

2. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

Space grey is the one selling out so they have to promote the cream colored iphone.

3. drzen macrumors regular

drzen

4. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

You've only seen gold and silver because apple gave all press reviews a gold plus and a silver regular model. No space grey.

5. Faelan macrumors regular

Faelan

From the hands on videos I’ve seen from the keynote, it looks like a cross between the matte black and the jet black. Would love to see a proper unboxing with up close footage and proper lighting though.

Wish they could somehow do a vantablack iPhone. That would be amazing and probably kinda disturbing to look at.

6. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

Yes it's strange. And Apple doesn't even have a proper picture of the back. Just a low res in their shop

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

only 1 photo of the SG on the iPhone 8 home page. that's what i immediately noticed when they were released. they're pushing heavily the gold color.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If Apple is really pushing gold, they need to work on it for sure.

9. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

the main page is pink. the iPhone 8 page is pink. the font color is pink.

10. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

It looks like matte black color with glass over it, thus giving it the appearance of a glossy jet black.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Mt Space Grey will be here this Friday. Have not seen a single good image of it so it will be a surprise for sure.

12. drzen macrumors regular

drzen

13. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I've pre-ordered my Silver 8 Plus for pick-up on Friday, but also reserved a gold and a black in case I change my mind. I've had white devices since the 4s and fingerprints on black put me off, along with scratches on the glass back of the black model are likely to show up more than on the silver.

14. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

This. Honestly, it's beige with pink frames. Not gold. Samsung galaxy s8 is gold. I don't understand why Apple has to be so flamboyant with their pastal colors. Make a real gold, a real silver and a real black. Ugh. Isn't it ironic that all these feminine colors are produced by middle aged men?

15. AndyDiamond macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

The video of the space grey I've seen - it looks meh. The silver is actually the best of the 8 colors (combined with the glass back).
    The black and glass kinda looks like grey soup :p

But hey - I'd have to see it in the flesh and if you have a case you're not going to see the back anyway.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I really do not care what the Space Grey looks like I just have to have the black bezels. I slip my phone in a Sedio Surface case on day one for grip.

17. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean the white. Silver doesn’t exits ;)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2017 ---
    I’m the same. I need black bezels!

18. AndyDiamond macrumors 6502

AndyDiamond

OK WHITE then :)

TBH I have rocked the white/silver combo for the last several models I have but I'm done this time - going AC/DC on it and back in black....

19. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

That's the only video I have seen as well where the SG is shown off. To me, it looks like a cross between matte black and jet black. I'll wait until this weekend to see them in person prior to deciding.

20. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

I’m kinda excited to see what my space grey 8 looks like - I’m hoping it won’t be too black and more of a dark grey. I always get black front iPhones, I can’t stand the white front iPhones, no matter what the colour on the back :p

21. Nic727 macrumors member

Nic727

From the video, it look like the space grey has a lot of reflection from the glass back. When released, I should go see by myself to see what's the best. White look like a nice color for the iPhone 8, but I always had Space Grey/Black phone.

22. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

What :eek: I’m the complete opposite. I’m scared it’ll be too grey like iPhone 6. I hated that color. I want a legit black color like the Samsung.

23. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

only if the silver came with a black front, it would have been my choice this year.

24. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

In my opinion, I find white more interesting than black phone. It tells a lot about that white color...like "classy" attitude or "humble" like (not obnoxious attitude). The black one kind of shows off as "generic" or "systematic" personality.

25. edfoo macrumors 6502

I am going to the Apple store to look at all three colors with my naked eyes instead, before I decide which color look the best to me. Don't trust the photos and videos posted online.