Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkles61785

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Has anyone been experiencing spontaneous springboard crashes on their iPhone 8+? I've had my phone for 8 days and I've been having the problem since I got it. It's happened at least a dozen times and will occur with no specific pattern. Sometimes when I unlock it happens. Sometimes when I'm not even touching the phone it happens. I restored my new phone from a backup. However, my coworker bought the same phone, same time as me, and also restored from a backup and it hasn't happened to him once. The problem was present in IOS 11. I updated to 11.0.1 and the problem persists. I have a 256gb Space Grey iPhone 8+ by the way. I've also been having the crackling issue. Do you think apple would replace my phone?

Last edited:

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
They will recommend a restore and set up as new first. I'd definitely try this and if the problem persists then go to Apple and hope you are able to replicate the problem.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and it just started happening a few days ago the same thing (crashing) After I updated to the latest OS 11.0.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.