iPhone 8 storage performance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UnLiMiTeD558, Sep 26, 2017.

1. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502a

hi guys, I am curious if anyone has ran some comparison benchmarks on the two storage options to see if they differentiate in performance on this years model. I know on previous iPhones the lowest tear storage would also take a performance hit. Hoping this time around it’s the same across the board as I really don’t have use for the 256gb model, still have 30gb free on my 6s Plus 64gb lol

Picked up my new iPhone 8 Plus 64gb last night, not even out of the box yet as I had to work shortly after. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it out and test out the new features and speed!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Like in the past the 256GB will be faster but not enough for anyone to notice unless they are running speed tests.

3. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea I believe the big performance differences were when they still offered the 16gb models, it was a fairly big drop. As long as real world usage and performance is on par I’ll be happy. Just don’t wanna be punished for choosing the smaller storage option. In canada it’s a $200 difference

4. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just wanted to update this thread since I stumbled across this video. Seems they are pretty even in all speeds except the write speed which is a little over double the speed on the 256gb model