iPhone 8 Super Resolution Camera!

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I could see Apple putting an insanely high megapixel camera on iPhone 8. It's the only spec they haven't touched in years.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
My guess would be the iPhone 8 will be a dramatic change in design with similar specs as the 7, and the new camera will come on the 8S.
I also thought the same. New (3-sensor) 20MP+ camera on 8s.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Doesn't Nokia already have a 40 mpixel camera?

Comeon man, don't give just give me more, I want something new, nobody has it before, another revolution!
100MP camera that takes photos at 20MP and uses the rest of its capability for an insane 5x lossless (10x with telephoto) digital zoom.

dotnet

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I have it on good authority that the next iPhone (not called iPhone 8) will use the same basic design as the iPhone 7, but with a gloss white colour option, and have dual 16MP cameras.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I have it on good authority that the next iPhone (not called iPhone 8) will use the same basic design as the iPhone 7, but with a gloss white colour option, and have dual 16MP cameras.
Disagree completely on the design of the iPhone 8. The chassis will be completely overhauled. It's due for a refresh after three generations of the same casing for the 6/6s/7. Aluminum maybe. MacRumors posted a week ago on the new casing could have a Stainless option.

Reactions: Skidoo03 and ABC5S

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, history.
Well, while the saying "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." exists, there's also the one that says "Past performance is not an indicator of future outcomes." So realistically it's all kind of neither here nor there when it comes to many things, and history is full of things going one way as well as the other.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Well, while the saying "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." exists, there's also the one that says "Past performance is not an indicator of future outcomes." So realistically it's all kind of neither here nor there when it comes to many things, and history is full of things going one way as well as the other.
Well said.

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
When it comes to profitability, and share holder interests , ill bet with the former.

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Yes, history.
And yet there is an historical example where that naming convention did not occur. The original iPhone.

Considering the buzz that this is to be a landmark anniversary phone I'd say that it is more likely to receive a unique model number and not an "s" moniker added to the old number.

In either case both you and I are guessing and it's a prediction, at best. Not a fact.

Reactions: ABC5S and Ronnoco

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When it comes to profitability, and share holder interests , ill bet with the former.
Sounds like with that same kind of history and approach some (if not many) could have bet that the Apple Watch would be named iWatch, and we've all seen how that worked out. Or that the new iPad would be named the iPad 3. Or that the Plus versions of the iPhone would be the Pro versions.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Sounds like with that same kind of history and approach some (if not many) could have bet that the Apple Watch would be named iWatch, and we've all seen how that worked out. Or that the new iPad would be named the iPad 3. Or that the Plus versions of the iPhone would be the Pro versions.
iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S...

Wait a minute! Apple never had an S model before! What's going on?! This is inconsistent on Apple's part! I'm buying a Blackberry! :D

dotnet

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
MacRumors posted a week ago on the new casing could have a Stainless option.
Imagine the howls of derision if that happens. Stainless steel shows scratches a lot more than the jet black anodised aluminium finish. Remember the stainless steel backed iPods? We'd have to place all the OCD people here on suicide watch!

Unless of course you're talking about DLC. That would be an extra-cost option, just like the gloss white (ceramic).

Trust me, my source (thin air) is as reliable as any other I've seen.

Reactions: Ronnoco