iPhone 8: where will time be located?

niji

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
tokyo
hi,
most of the iPhone 8 design renders and mockups show that the time is removed from the upper status row of icons.
with the camera/sensors located in the middle, and only the left and right sides being able to display status info, will the time no longer be shown all the time?
this would be annoying for any work on the phone except for full screen apps where its not normally shown or wanted anyway.
thanks

Infiniverse48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2017
I agree, top middle. I personally believe that the status bar will remain the way it is directly below the cutout, however, I think there will be new elements that will go into the corners.
[doublepost=1502419194][/doublepost]
The Clock app and your Apple Watch?
Apple Watch would obviously never be the answer since 3% or less have one. Secondly, the clock app certainly does not work, nor does the lock screen as they are not at all glanceable. See the entire reason the time has been in the center of the status bar since the first iPhone is specifically so it is glanceable 99% of the time you're using the device. That must remain.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
On my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Master Co-Axial Chronometer. I use my iPhone for communicating and maps.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
They would never do that. It's extremely distracting.
This isn't much of a valid argument. It's More of an anecdotal opinion on what your preference is. Fundamentally, "They would never do that" may be what you believe, but doesn't validate your Post either.

Infiniverse48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2017
This isn't much of a valid argument. It's More of an anecdotal opinion on what your preference is. Fundamentally, "They would never do that" may be what you believe, but doesn't validate your Post either.
I can guarantee you Apple wouldn't put distracting rotating or scrolling elements up there. If you don't think that's distracting you simply can't visualize it.
[doublepost=1502457571][/doublepost]
Distracting? Sorry but that would not be an issue.
It factually would be. There will never ever be scrolling or rotating elements up there. It's absurd to even think about.

Reactions: Sunny1990 and KRG

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I can guarantee you Apple wouldn't put distracting rotating or scrolling elements up there. If you don't think that's distracting you simply can't visualize it.
[doublepost=1502457571][/doublepost]
It factually would be. There will never ever be scrolling or rotating elements up there. It's absurd to even think about.
What bothers "some" can simply be ignored by others. It would not bother me in the least and it would freak you out.

KRG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2015
USA
They'll fit in in the top somewhere. The shrinking of the signal strength icon was a good indicator of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.