iPhone 8GB: Price reduced in Ireland

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Padraig, May 9, 2008.

1. Padraig macrumors 6502a

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I find it interesting that the 8G seemed to suffer in sales over in Europe yet seemed to do fine here in the States. I have a 16G Touch, and while its fun to have it full to the brim, I used significantly less on a daily basis. Recently got the 8G iPhone and thought I might miss the space but I really haven't too much. I wonder why the smaller size seemed to be a deal-breaker for so many across the Pond until the price was dropped...

3. phannon666 macrumors regular

The size wasn't the deal breaker. It was a combination of the lack of 3G (which is pretty much the defacto standard here) and the high price. Here in the UK, if you take out a phone on contract 99% of the time you won't pay a penny for the handset, couple the high handset price with the typically higher price for the contracts and you've got a no sale. But when the pricedrop came in, bam, it's much more affordable, especially when unlocked and used as a PAYG handset. It pretty much had nothing to do with storage capacity.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

But what about the 16GB? Price didn't seem to affect that which led me to believe storage had something to do with it...

5. Project macrumors 68020

6. sananda macrumors 68020

same deal for the 16GB (not free, not 3G). they just didn't order as many 16GBs as the lesson had already been learnt.