iPhone 8GB vs 16GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly1, Nov 20, 2013.

1. pauly1 macrumors regular

Would the 8gb be too small? I read that ppl say 16gb is the best one and 32gb would be wayy more than enough.

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

It all depends on YOU. What's it going to be used for mainly? Are you heavy on photos/music/apps?

3. Mindy60 macrumors regular

My sister recently bought an iPhone 4 8GB and she can't get her music or pics on there. She can't even upgrade to the latest iOS. I'd get at a minimum of 16GB but 32GB is best. My iPhone 4 was a 16GB. I couldn't get all my music on there but it worked for me. I now have the iPhone 5s 32GB and love having the extra space. And all my music and photos and apps will fit on there. I have 6.4GB free. You need some growing space.

4. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

16 GB. Filled up about 6gb on mine with about 300 songs, 200 photos, 14 apps. Remember that only about 6.8gb of an 8gb phone will be actual usable space.

5. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

yes. 8gb is too small. get the most you can and 32 is the sweet spot. but 16 will work too.

6. cynics macrumors G3

Unless you only really plan on using the iPhone as a phone with minimal/no other activity 8gb will be too small.

I don't have any music on my 16gb and only have 3.5gb left of space.

32gb isn't WAY too much either, just depends on what your doing with the phone. Some people don't think 64gb is enough.

7. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

The only way 8GB is enough storage is if you only plan to use the phone for the built in apps and maybe some minimal photo taking.

16GB will be fine for most people, especially if you use iTunes match for your music instead of syncing your library.

8. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

16GB is the bare minimum unless you plan on only using it as a phone. 8GB is just torturous. The file sizes of apps are ever increasing as well. Put a couple of those on there, a handful of pictures, and some emails...you'll be playing Sophie's Choice with your media very quickly.

32GB seems to be the sweet spot for the average Joe who likes to keep their music library, a decent collection of apps, and pictures without having to clean it out every week.

In the end though, it's all about how you'll use it.

9. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Depends on the person, I can't go back to 16gb. When I did have 16gb I was cleaning caches and deleting things every week, I couldn't imagine using 8gb.

10. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

depends on you. I'd say 8GB is a joke. Nowadays everything uses lots of mbs. Also, you can forget about taking long videos or many photos.

For my use, 16gb is OK. 32gb is perfect

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

IOS7 won't install unless u have 3 GB scratch space.

12. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

It depends what you do with your phone. I use mine for basic app usage, phone calls, texting, email etc. and don't store music on it.