iPhone accelerometer... LEFT?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mbolo, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mbolo macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I have some problems when gaming on the iPhone, especially games that use the accelerometer.
    For example, 'Cube Runner' (free on the App Store): I put the iPhone on a flat table, I launch the application and start the game: the ship goes left! [isn't it supposed to go straight!?]
    Another example: 'Aqua Moto Racing' (free on the App Store): I repeat as above, and the water bike goes left...

So, what can I do?
    If I go to a genius bar, they're going to fix it even if I have these problems only with non-Apple applications?

Thank you.

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

try the ihandy level free and see if that app works. If not then take it in. I would assume the sensor is done.

3. DazBrowne macrumors member

On the in-game menu there should be an option to calibrate the accelerometer that should help you with games , but when you open ipod for instance does it go straight to coverflow or just in games?

4. mbolo thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried with iHandy Level Free and it says 1.8° and the bubble is on the right. So I guess that my accelerometer is 1.8° skewed on the left...

Even with games calibration I have no results.
    The problem is only with games, when I start the iPod mode I see the titles of the songs, not coverflow...

PS: I already tried to reset & restore as a new phone in itunes.

So what can I do? Do you think that they'll substitute it for me?

5. DazBrowne macrumors member

Best thing to do is find an apple application that uses the accelerometer and head on down to the genius bar