Iphone accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beerfood, Jun 21, 2010.

1. beerfood macrumors newbie

Has anyone seen if previous Iphone accessories will work with the Iphone 4? I.E. car chargers, FM transmitters etc?

I can't find anything about it....

I assume any Bluetooth stuff I have is good...but the plug in stuff I am worried about...

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

all current iPhones and iPods use the same 30 pin connector at the bottom and 3.5 mm headphone jack at the top (some iPods on the bottom), so you should be just fine.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes and no. Yes, they all use the 30 pin connector. However, when the 3G came out, it required a new USB cable with a certain resistor inside. Since then, everyone has updated their accessories and this is the main reason why some accessories do not work on iPod Touch's or iPhone 3Gs and up.

This may or may not change with iPhone 4 and we have no way of telling until it comes out. ;)

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I did not know this. I originally bought my iPhone 3G on launch day, but returned it 2 weeks later because some accessories (Home Theatre System Dock, Car Charger, iRiver Sound Bar) did not work, I thought it was a flaw in the 2.0 software, but rather than wait for an update, I returned it and re-bought the iPhone 3G a few months later.

thanks for the info.

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

No problemo! I am just hoping I don't have to rebuy all my accessories. :eek: