iPhone accidental damage coverage. What else is available besides AppleCare+?

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
Amex covers damage lost and theft for 90 days. I’m sure there are commercial insurance for it. Carriers, Best Buy also have it.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Ultimately this is about risk - those companies are better than you at calculating risk and provide it to make money ;)

How much risk you want and how much you are happy to pay to remove your risk is totally up to you....Just remember, they all provide this to make money...

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I know you are looking for alternatives, but with the new out of warranty repair cost, I think it’s crazy not to get AC+.

I’m not sure if alternative insurance companies have updated their X cost.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
With AppleCare+ on the X you’re pretty much paying upfront for 1 screen repair. If you’re not the kind of person who breaks their device, I’d focus on the risk of loss or theft which aren’t covered by Apple.

Often the cheapest approach is to add the cover to your home insurance policy.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
With AppleCare+ on the X you’re pretty much paying upfront for 1 screen repair. If you’re not the kind of person who breaks their device, I’d focus on the risk of loss or theft which aren’t covered by Apple.

Often the cheapest approach is to add the cover to your home insurance policy.
I’m sure you home insurance deductible is higher than AC+

rlentless

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2015
SquareTrade has worked great for me in the past and even reimburses you for Apple Genius Bar or third party repair.

$129 for two years with same deductible as AppleCare.