iPhone acting up, push and email errors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by murdercitydevil, Aug 15, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

First the basic info:

iPhone 4 GSM, 4.3.3, activated normally with AT&T, JB with pwnagetool, no unlock or any other notable software.

I don't know exactly when this started, but for the last few days, my phone has been constantly giving me push errors and errors related to email. IIRC, a few days ago I restarted my phone and it came back on in safe mode, after a respring I started getting prompts to re-enter my email passwords, and since then it's constantly saying that it's unable to connect to my accounts and that I need to check settings, as well as push errors every time I open an app that has push notifications. I've tried a few fixes but to no avail. From what I understand this has *something* to do with certificates or activation, but I don't know how to fix it.

Has anyone had this issue and successfully fixed it? I'm hoping that I don't need to restore since it takes a while to get my phone working back the way I like... but if that's the case I guess I have no choice. I'm looking for a possible fix though, if anyone has one that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: The errors specifically are "Connect to iTunes to use push notifications" and "could not connect to xxxxxx@gmail.com, please verify settings" or something like that. I'm assuming the email error has to do with push as well, when it tries to check for new email or whatever. Also, both email accounts are IMAP gmail accounts set up as exchange, I've tried removing and re-adding them but the problem persists.

2. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

80 views, no replies? Someone out there has to have some idea as to what I can do.

3. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not sure what you can do, but I've been getting the password issue with my Yahoo (but not my Gmail) account for the past two days. I've tried deleting & readding the account. When I enter the password it says "log into yahoo.com."

Anyone out there know what's going on?