Iphone activated and unlocked itself when upgraded to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoyMorris, Jun 20, 2009.

1. RoyMorris macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I previously unlocked and activated my 1st gen iphone with pwnage tool for iphone version 2.1.1. For version 1.0 a friend had unlocked it for me. I just upgraded to 3.0, and it activated and unlocked automatically, without redsnow or pwnage.

I am a Rogers (canada) customer, with a AT and T iphone. Did the upgrade in Florida. Went from on the T-Mobile network to AT and T right after.

I have no understanding why, or how, but thought I should report this, and ask if theirs anything anyone wants me to check.

Roy

2. JohnFa macrumors regular

I have no idea how that happened. Seems weird.

But why would you wanna report it?

3. RoyMorris thread starter macrumors newbie

Just in case it can help anyone in anyway for any information that I can gather for them.

Roy

4. milk242 macrumors 6502a

If you have the 2g one and was unlocked in the first place then it should still be unlocked even after you upgrade to 3.0, but I have no idea how it activated itself.

5. RoyMorris thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea,

I'm really confused, and now I don't know if I wanna jailbreak. Always have to activate it, but no real reason to now, as I don't use the apps anymore, and the ones i do theirs a better version i have found in the app store.

Roy