iPhone Activation in Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayDude132, Jun 10, 2010.

1. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Hey sorry guys, i'm sure plenty of you will say, "Use the search function!" or something but im kinda in a hurry and just wanted to get my question posted. Also, this is my first thread on macrumors.

When you go to an Apple store and they activate your phone, is that the same as going to the actual AT&T store and activating it and renewing your 2-year agreement? Or would i have to get the phone from the Apple store, then go to the AT&T store and then set up my new 2-year agreement? I plan on getting the new phone the day it comes out and i just don't want anything getting in the way of that. My current phone has dead pixels going halfway across the screen so i cant wait to finally pick up a new one!

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Built macrumors 68020

3. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

are you saying same as in, "yes, going to an apple store is the same as going to the at&t store and activating and renewing your agreement" or same as in, "I have the same question" lol

4. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, new question... if i pre order the phone to be shipped to my house, will it be at my house ON the 24th?

Again sorry for lack of search, but i couldnt get any decent results searching for, "iphone 4 pre order delivered to house on june 24"

5. random person macrumors 6502a

You can set up your iPhone in an Apple store without having to go to AT&T. Best to order one online for instore pickup.

Yes if you order online you will get it delivered on launch day.

6. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the help!

Is there really much difference between in store pickup and delivered to your home? It seems like it would be much less hassle to just get it delivered to your home as long as it definitely arrives on the 24th. Im just a little worried about actually being able to pick mine up in store. I have class from 10-12 Tuesday and Thursday mornings and i was going to pick it up after class but im not sure if that would work or if stores would be too packed. And i dont know if stores open early enough for me to go before class. Maybe im just too worried about picking it up on the actual day of the release :rolleyes: haha

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Thats because you used too many words. Try something more simple.

Yes, pre-orders are supposed to be delivered on the 24th. Of course there's no controlling mother nature and human stupidity so sometimes crap happens.

8. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, i realized i used a lot of words, and that was sort of my point because, really, how else would i word it and have it still be meaningful? haha.

Anyway, thanks for your help geckotek. I checked out your article too that you have in your sig. That also helped a lot.

Jason