iPhone Activation Lock Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RavRobert, Nov 2, 2016.

1. RavRobert macrumors newbie

RavRobert

I recently purchased an iPhone 7 Plus. So I decided to get my 6s plus ready to sell to gazelle so I turned off find my iPhone and removed the iPhone from my account then reset and erased the phone. I went to check the phone to make sure everything was good and I am checking it and it says it is linked to another apple id. It shows me the 2 letters of the apple id and the rest is blacked out and the id is nothing close to anything I have ever used. Any ideas what might have happened? I purchased it directly from the apple store a little over a year ago and even got apple care. I have done this process before with my older iPhones but never removed the iPhone from my account before erasing it. That is the only thing i can think of that is different from what I did before. This is just so weird.

2. Foggydog, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

View attachment 669994 IMG_0067.PNG View attachment 669993 There is another thread about this problem. I'll see if I can find it. There were a lot of good comments.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    IMG_0067.PNG There is a big thread about this very topic. I found it.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    Sorry I cannot pull up the link directly. I'm a bit limited on my iPP. But it's the thread about the activation lock. I hope this helps lead you in the right direction

3. RavRobert thread starter macrumors newbie

RavRobert

I found some of the Old threads. Thanks. It looks like I am not the only one having this issue. Going to try to get to apple store tomorrow.

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Guess that also means Apple hasn't been able to figure out what's really causing it, or at least they haven't been able to fix it.