iPhone activation lock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abba 701, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Abba 701 macrumors regular

If I put a phone in dfu mode and then restore it will the activation lock still kick in?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

From my past experience. If you did NOT disable find my iphone, then even when you do a DFU restore, it will be Activation locked. So you would have to disable find my iphone first before you do the DFU. This happened to me because when I did dfu restore I did not think to disable find my iphone. And every time i forget, I have to enter my apple id and my PW.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Ok OP, what is your story of why you don't know the password? These are usually entertaining. :)

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yep - to both, activation lock will still be there and the stories are usually interesting... :)

5. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

This isn't the answer you are looking for, but it's the right one.

You (as in you, Abba_701) can NOT get around the iCloud activation lock PERIOD. End of story. Case Closed. Cry and Move on. ih8snow (pretty sure it was him a while back that did it) can - but that's not you and he said he won't be telling anyone how to do it via software.

Next time, don't buy a stolen phone from someone you don't know. Or don't steal a phone. What you should do is return the phone to whoever's iCloud email is on it, because they are probably sad and missing their phone... There is a reason apple made this feature in iOS - to PREVENT theft. Thus anyone who is asking to get around this feature to prevent theft will automatically be assumed to be a person with bad intentions until they prove otherwise.

Yes, there is a way. Go buy a new logic board that isn't activation locked, take out the old one, put in the new one - but that costs about as much as a new iPhone X cause the logic board is basically the phone.

6. Balders macrumors member

Balders

Well, I've just been sent a brand new 7+ direct from Apple and it's locked out of the box. So Apple must be stealing iPhones too (unless Apple is doing it now to meet delivery dates)

Apple confirmed there's nothing I can do - it has to go back...

7. cc999 macrumors 6502

WOW Thats the first time I ever heard that happen. Is it a 7?

CC

8. Balders macrumors member

Balders

It's a 7 plus... Not happy at all. Felt sorry for the Apple rep when I put the phone down :) lol

9. stueymacd macrumors member

stueymacd

:(
    Did the box and everything appear to be intact and sealed?

10. Balders macrumors member

Balders

Yep, all was fine. Apple rep thinks it was in the Warehouse in China. I tracked the device from China to the UK so I know it came from Shenzhen. I guess Apple will know who's done it as they will have my serial number and the account that activated it...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    I'm also annoyed because I took it carefully out of the box, placed it in a case and put a glass screen protector on before using it... lol.

Here's a pic of the activation lock screen for what it's worth... :(

Now boxed and about to go on a trip back to Apple.

Attached Files:

11. stueymacd macrumors member

stueymacd

What a nightmare. Really bad show on their part. Guessing they want that one back before they send another?

12. Balders macrumors member

Balders

Yep, they do. Which is doubly frustrating as I've got to wait again... :(