iPhone activation problemo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taylor200588, Nov 14, 2007.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

OK! so my mum came home with a shiney new iPhone for me :D (dont say my mums great, i paid her for it hahaha)

i plugs it into my iTunes and all went well, i set up a new account, new o2 account, new iTunes account, all was going smoothly

UNTILL !!!!

up pops the screen where you tick the box to agree to all the terms and conditions and what not, i ticked the wee box, clicked continue, loading ..., back to the previous page with ERROR at the top, i try again and again and again same thing, THEN it was coming up saying something like

"account creation service is not available at this time; please try again later"

what does this mean?

so i left it for a while, then i tried all over again, but this time all thru the prosess there were little images of chains and a wee broken link which didnt look good. this time the iTunes account isnt working

i thot this process was ment to be easy!!

help!

2. sneeks macrumors 6502a

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Restart your computer.

Then try activating again. If not, let it rest for the night and try in the morning, or you can call and see whats up.

4. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

yup yup its all running on 7.5 and everything

i did the whole restart malarky and it hasnt changed anything

and cos im still on dial up and it takes aaaaaaagggggggggeeeesssss to load the iTunes website so its killing me

i shall leave it tonight and try again tomorrow

cheers emigos for such a quick responce :)

5. zign macrumors 6502

zign

I am having the same problem here "there was an error trying to create your itunes store account". I already have a .mac account and itunes account but it will not authenticate it. Anyone know what the problem is?

6. colonelbutt macrumors regular

colonelbutt

there is a known problem with activation in the UK and the error reported is not correct.
    this worked for me (after 1 hour of searching forums):

1. Make sure the time on your PC is correct and its on the correct time zone (sync. with timeanddate.com)
    2. Make sure your O2 details and address are perfect (log into O2 site to check)
    - and the address appears the same as it would from the post office (goto postoffice.co.uk - type in your post code and see what the official address looks like)
    3. Make sure your Apple id details and address are perfect (log into apple site to check) - MAKE SURE THEY ARE IDENTICAL TO O2 DETAILS

alternatively, you can call O2 iphone support and they will sort it for you in 5 mins over the phone

7. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

OOOOOOOH YEAH BABY!!

just found the problem, it was my iTunes store account that was messing things up! got it fixed, got it activated, syncing now MUHAHAHA

i <3 my iPhone
    :D

8. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

9. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I'm convinced that a requirement for registering the iPhone was broadband. But I can't see anything on the site that says either way.

10. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

well like im sure i read somewhere that i NEEDED broadband to activate the phone, so what i was going to do was get the phone and go to a wee internet wifi cafe and set it up there. i was just by chance i tried it on m dial up and it worked fine, slow, but fine haha

it sucks tho, i live in a area where i dont get broadband so no wifi so i cant use the iPhone to surf the web AND i dont get signal at my house so i cant use any of the features that need a network connection

anyway! ive got it working, its not left my hand for the past 6 hours, its awesome. i few wee things i dont like about it, mainly the lack of a few things but i wouldnt trade it for anything else :D