Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Ok, So one of my friends is getting the iPhone. Is there any other way to activate your iphone besides iTunes? Such as going to the AT&T store? Because he only has a computer that runs Windows 95. He wants to get the iPhone for its superior internet quality.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Ok, So one of my friends is getting the iPhone. Is there any other way to activate your iphone besides iTunes? Such as going to the AT&T store? Because he only has a computer that runs Windows 95. He wants to get the iPhone for its superior internet quality.

Maybe the library where you live has it.

Or the Apple store will let him activate it there? Could not hurt to ask. Or use your computer?

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Oh yeah! that would work, i could use mine probably

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
yeah, i know. I tried to convince him to get a mac, atleast he's gettting an iphone!

Twinkie

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Milford, MI
Your friend has $500+ to spend on a phone, but uses a computer that's nearly a decade old? :confused:

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
yeah, i know. I tried to convince him to get a mac, atleast he's gettting an iphone!

How will he be able to use the iPhone for more than just a phone ? With no itunes how will he transfer songs,video,pictures ? Tell him to at least get a mac mini to be able to fully use his iPhone

noone

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2006
Your friend has $500+ to spend on a phone, but uses a computer that's nearly a decade old? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mean to come off as rude, but why would your friend be thinking of spending $500 to $600+ on a cell phone that he cannot fully use when his computer is likely almost 10 years old. That money could be better spent on a new computer? Even a low end computer from Wal-Mart would be better than that. Again, this is just my observation and line of thinking which was not intended to sound rude (if it did).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.