iphone activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carve, Jun 26, 2007.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Ok, So one of my friends is getting the iPhone. Is there any other way to activate your iphone besides iTunes? Such as going to the AT&T store? Because he only has a computer that runs Windows 95. He wants to get the iPhone for its superior internet quality.

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Maybe the library where you live has it.

Or the Apple store will let him activate it there? Could not hurt to ask. Or use your computer?

3. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

Oh yeah! that would work, i could use mine probably

4. austincharles macrumors newbie

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Friends don't let friends use Windows. ;)

coolosxapps

7. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

yeah, i know. I tried to convince him to get a mac, atleast he's gettting an iphone!

8. Twinkie macrumors regular

Your friend has $500+ to spend on a phone, but uses a computer that's nearly a decade old? :confused:

9. mainomega macrumors 6502

How will he be able to use the iPhone for more than just a phone ? With no itunes how will he transfer songs,video,pictures ? Tell him to at least get a mac mini to be able to fully use his iPhone

10. noone macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mean to come off as rude, but why would your friend be thinking of spending $500 to $600+ on a cell phone that he cannot fully use when his computer is likely almost 10 years old. That money could be better spent on a new computer? Even a low end computer from Wal-Mart would be better than that. Again, this is just my observation and line of thinking which was not intended to sound rude (if it did).