Iphone activiation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, Jun 5, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

So my iphone is expected to get here today but i work in 2 hours. So what i want to know is what info is needed to activate it? So my parents can get the info for me while at work and i can activate it when i get home (around midnight) My family is currently on ATT so idk if that means less info to give or what, thanks!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Why would you buy an iPhone this week of all weeks?:confused:

3. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

if you are activating it on a line WITH your family, then you personally need no information. The plan holder (probably your mom or dad) will need to give the account number, main phone number and last four of their social. If you are porting a number to ATT, then you need the other carrier's account info and last four of the social.

Its really easy to do. But i agree, i am not the kinda person who needs the newest and best technology, but to purchase an iphone TODAY when a newer (possibly less expensive model) is planned on coming out in less than a week is a little crazy.. i say a little because i dont know your entire situation.. but just to possibly get the subsidy (if there is one) is worth waiting a week or so just to see!!!

4. neven macrumors 6502a

Because they don't care about 3G features, perhaps?

If you don't have a helpful answer to the original question, keep your opinions to yourself. Unless you'd like it if I, for instance, told you that Julien was a stupid name and you should go by a different one?

To answer the original question:

Make sure your family knows what plan you're looking to get. Leave a tech-savvy person in charge, even though the process is simple. I'm guessing your family knows all your other info (address etc.). Leave a current AT&T bill for them to refer to. Make sure they know your SSN# (it *may* not be needed).

Good luck!

5. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

I bought it a few weeks ago and its just now getting here, thanks ATT. I have no need for a newer iphone, I own a GPS system in my car, 3g in my area is scarce at best, I dont need a camera on my phone anyway, what else need i mention?

Now back to my original question:
    all i need is the main #
    last four numbers of the holders SSN
    account info?
    thats all?

6. cyclone84 macrumors regular

That's not fair, he brings up a good point. You're born with your name. You're not born with the necessity to own an iPhone this week. Plus, if you have that much of problem with Julien's comment, keep it to yourself or you will be right down to the level you perceive him to be at. I guess the same could be said about my comment...oh, crap.

[computer explodes]

7. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

8. neven macrumors 6502a

Yes, you're set. Go to work, they called and said you were late :)

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It was a question not an opinion and Julien happens to be my last name.:D

10. alex2016g macrumors member

And want to pay more?

Because that is what forum is for talking and expresing your opinion.

He made a good point. why would you buy an iphone when it is expensive and you know that the new one is gonna come out in a couple of days.

Although i am glad that there are people who wanna buy them, koz sold my one this week.

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I would not open it and try to return it.

If you still want to activate it you need the SSN, billing address, and phone number of the primary account.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It was a legitimate question

13. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

it was a legitimate question, but it WOULD have been more helpful if the person answered the question FIRST (because he probably did know the answer to it) and THEN asked a question. It would have been common courtesy.. but then again, when is there common courtesy on forums?

14. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I agree completely that for the most part courtesy on forums is virtually non-existent

I have called out people on here several times for completely rude comments

But in this case, I understand asking him the question when the new iPhone is coming out so soon

15. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Well the story is here... I had an ipod touch, my sister broke it, owed me $400, she bought me a refurbished iphone.... no loss on my part...

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OP, congrats on your new iPhone. Your sister actually did you a favor. Enjoy and welcome to the Family! :cool:

17. alex2016g macrumors member

Fair enaf then. Enjoy:D

18. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Good question. He'll get more for his money if he waits til Monday. May even get it cheaper. Nothing wrong with having extra features. Makes it easier to sell in the future.

19. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Refer to my previous post... she bought it for me without me knowing... Its still an iphone and im happy! :D