iPhone Ad - "And I mobile blog from backstage..."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshbckr, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jshbckr macrumors 6502

Well gee, that's funny. Apple is using this to advertise their phone, yet, I've got an iPhone, use iWeb, and have my website hosted on .Mac and can I do this? Nope.

I have to use iWeb to make blog posts. Sure, I can send images to my web gallery, but why can't I make a new blog post from my iPhone and post it to my website?

2. roblawton macrumors 6502

They might be on about posting to such sites as blogger.com or WordPress.

Obviously you can post to 'online' blogging services, but as yet there is no iWeb support on the iPhone.

3. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

You can! It's just Apple, ironically, recommend that you use Blogger or Wordpress and not their own service! It's probably an iLife '09 feature that'll come sooner or later.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

they advertise it cause it sounds impressive :)

I'm sure theres a way to do it. even if you have to email your pics one at a time to a server... which is why its not false advertising ...

5. Project macrumors 68020

Lots of blogging services let you email your blog entry too.

6. pavvento macrumors 6502

We all know it's possible depending on the site, but I think the O.P. is making a point of frustration which I share, namely the fact that unlike most Mac hardware and software, the iPhone does not offer any benefits to using Mac software. In my brief experience with Apple it has always been easier, and better, to use their applications because of the way they all sync together, but the iPhone does not fit that bill.

So yes, if you don't use an Apple blogging service (iWeb with .Mac) then you can blog all you want, but Apple is not supporting it's own software on the iPhone, which I find frustrating.

7. Project macrumors 68020

What?

The iPhone has integration in some way with all of the following:

iCal
    Address Book
    iTunes
    iMovie (via export)
    iPhoto
    Quicktime
    Mail
    Safari
    Garage Band (send to iTunes)

8. fart macrumors regular

I agree. I was hoping all the "big changes" to dot mac would happen around Leopard, and would include the iPhone. There is no reason the iPhone can't wirelessly sync up with addy book, iCal, files on the server, etc. Maybe even back to my mac screen sharing, albeit an iPhone formatted version.

9. fart macrumors regular

Yes, but I think what' he was getting at was allowing the iPhone to sync over wifi or edge, to keep up with changes made in iCal, address book, etc, not over the traditional USB sync at the end of the day.

all the crap is already out in the cloud, just make an easy way for it to work with the iPhone.

10. pavvento macrumors 6502

Yea, all of those things (well most of them) you can use with your windows PC. I am not saying that the PC users should have less features, but that more MAC features should be supported.

OTA .Mac sycning with address book and calendar would be incredible.