iPhone ad I put together.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac17, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mac17 macrumors regular

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

that is most likely the best/snazzyest iPhone commercial i have ever seen....

cept that Viva la Vida commercial for iTunes..but thats not iPhone...its iTunes..so GOOD JOB!!!! wanna explain how ya did this?

3. 645ci macrumors member

Perfect apart from 0:24-0:26 chop :( - if it was for an ipod.

first lesson about advertising, make the consumer aware what he is purchasing for 80% in the advert... you have about 4 secs in there of the actualy product out of 34 secs of footage which is very very very poor.

Always have the product there. Always.

4. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

well the point was to show how the phone is an ipod too, hence having the viewer think its the usual ipod ad... then sees that its actually a phone.

5. Mykbibby macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

6. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Damn, you guys can be rough! haha!

I doubt he's going into marketing, and I bet he did this for fun, and the love of his phone, just looking to spread the joy. You guys are brutal. Then again, he did ask for comments and criticism.

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Better than anything I could make in iMovie :)

The only thing I would critique is that I felt the music was way too slow for the person dancing...it didn't look at all in sync to me.

8. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

lol, all you added was music, and the iPhone and the AT&T logo at the end..

10. 645ci macrumors member

:rolleyes: sigh,

Good adverts have the actual product in the frame, not some numpties dancing around with ipods when you are advertising iphones ;)

Go look at all the iphone ads and you shall understand everything :

Ps - the fact that 80% of the advert is ripped from an iPod should be a massive clue :)

11. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

nice attempt! not ready for showtime yet, but a good start. Music is too slow for the way the dancers.

I have some great ideas for ads and great music ideas too but my iMovie skills suck and I don't know how to use photoshop or FCP so I fail.

12. 645ci macrumors member

In all honesty, if you want to make a new ad, you need to go film your own new iphone footage, you cant just rip of current iphone ad footage, so doesnt work like that ! :D

13. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually if you look closely.. it doesnt look like an ipod anymore..its just a white object, you used to be able to make out the screen and click wheel...so technically it CAN be a white iphone :p

14. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I think all the people saying "THIS VIDEO SUCKS!" need to lighten up a bit. This is obviously his first shot at video editing and, although it is kinda lame, i give him an A for effort. Keep with it. Perhaps you could make a better video by integrating photos/videos from Apple's demonstration videos, not from their ads. I believe someone did such a thing for the iPod Touch and actually got contacted by Apple to make a higher quality version that eventually aired on TV. Keep trying!

15. 645ci macrumors member

Not when the ads been aired and internationally known as an iPod ad :p:

16. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

HOLY ****! chill out. :eek: I never said I made it, I dont have the resources to make my own. I did this for fun obviously its a concept. I took apples dancing as Im not filming my own.. so yeh to those that say the songs too slow for the dancing... you know why.

17. 645ci macrumors member

who are you actually quoting with "this video sucks"

Indeed, demo vids are good to rip vids of, certainly not current adverts, that just wont flyyyy.

18. 645ci macrumors member

HOLY Carp! Chill!, i want accusing you of not making it ! Im accusing you of ripping an ad, making it crap, and then making it uber crap, and then making it uber uber crap by shoving some iphone material in the last 8 secs or so.... :D!

Its not really an ad for the iphone is it, its more of a fun vid "put together" ( couple of shots :confused:)

Anyhoooooo

19. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Someone needs to tell Apple this then, because the first iPhone 3G commercial only shows you the phone for about the last 5 seconds in a 30 second spot.

20. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Sorry, I didn't think it was very good :( Just looked like some random bits of video glued together with the same soundtrack to me...

21. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Song doesn't fit the "commercial" not funky enough the Aerosmith version of this song fits better but even then it's a stretch. Nice first try but maybe trying to shoot your own footage there's tutorials out there that show you how to make the iPod people. The iPhone footage at the end is way way way out of place it in no way fits the commercial.

22. Pilki macrumors newbie

not always true IMHO.

The latest Guinness ad has a lot of 'dominos' and doesn't mention the product until the end.... and that is an amazing piece of work :D

23. snook911 macrumors 6502a

wow I don't think you people are getting it. The iPhone stuff at the end is suppose to look out of place. You are suppose to think it's an iPod/itunes commercial and then "oh" it's a commercial for the iPhone "where phone meets the iPod". I for one say good job OP !! :D

24. objectuser macrumors newbie