iPhone/Address Book contact picture size

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jphealy, Mar 26, 2010.

1. jphealy macrumors member

For a while, I only had pictures attached to a few of my contacts, which I did just using the iPhone itself. Recently, I decided that I'd like to add pictures to a lot more of my contacts. I figured that it would be easier to do this with Address Book, as the pictures I would be using were stored on my iMac, not my iPhone. I've discovered, however, that all the pictures I added with Address Book just show up as small thumbnails on the iPhone's screen when a person calls, rather than the full screen picture you get with the contact pictures that were added using the iPhone.

I've done a little digging on this already, and some people say the solution is to increase the size of the pictures within Address Book. This doesn't make any sense to me though - I don't see any option within Address Book of using larger pictures. Can anybody shed some light on this issue?

Thanks!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This is one of those quirky deficienciec found between the Mac OS and iPhone OS integration. One reported workaround is to :

3. jphealy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that. It's a reasonable workaround I guess. You'd think Apple would have sorted this by now though!

4. jphealy thread starter macrumors member

Any other solutions out there that wouldn't be considered a "workaround"?