Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I'm new to AT&T and the iPhone to I have a question. Are my contacts saved to my SIM Card?

So, if I was to reset my iPhone to it's original factory settings, would all my contacts be deleted?

And if it isn't, is there a way I can export the contacts from my iPhone to import it back into my iPhone?

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Hey guys, I'm new to AT&T and the iPhone to I have a question. Are my contacts saved to my SIM Card?

No. They are stored on the iPhone's internal flash memory.

So, if I was to reset my iPhone to it's original factory settings, would all my contacts be deleted?

Yes.

iTunes automatically creates a backup of your iPhone (when you sync).

In the event that you have to erase everything on your device/get a new phone then iTunes should be able to restore virtually all of your settings (including Contacts) from that backup.

And if it isn't, is there a way I can export the contacts from my iPhone to import it back into my iPhone?

You can do this as well. You can either choose to synchronize your contacts with a service like Google or Yahoo, or you can synchronise them using iTunes to your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.