Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2017
Just download the Google Photos app and it'll upload all your photos. When it's finished select clean-up and it'll delete them from your phone. From then on it'll automatically upload new photos, you just need to do clean-up every so often. I usually prefer an Apple solution (which I use for music and mail) but I find iCloud Photo Library a bit clunky and difficult to share. Google Photos is the dog's bollocks, especially the Collage and Assistant.

Having used a 6+ and 7+ iPhone I took the gamble on an X because I wanted Face ID - which is brilliant. I find the screen to phone size ratio excellent for pockets and I'm 100% happy with the X.
Oh wow I'll try this
I didn't mind paying for the extra iCloud storage since its cheap but if this way is better then why not? How much free storage do you get with google photos?
How do you use apple for music? Do you mean streaming?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Oh wow I'll try this
I didn't mind paying for the extra iCloud storage since its cheap but if this way is better then why not? How much free storage do you get with google photos?
You get unlimited storage for photos under 16 megapixels.

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
Oh wow I'll try this
Google Photos will resize your pictures. This doesn't really matter to everyone, but I like to have access to the full size file as taken.

I personally prefer the Apple iCloud storage solution, but I'm pretty embedded into the ecosystem. I have the 2tb plan for my family. Many tens of thousands of pictures, all our documents, etc, all accessible from any of the devices/computers we have.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Full size Google Photos
Screenshot_20180620-135940.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.