iPhone after At&t and O2 Contracts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by draperm25, Sep 30, 2007.

1. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

Hi All,

I know that the iphone is locked to At&t for 2years and O2 for 18months (When it comes out), but what happens to your phone AFTER that time, what if you dont want to carry on with your contract after your 2yrs/18months, does the phone go back to At&t and O2 and they give you ,the money that you paid upfront for the phone, back, or can you keep the phone and use it as a PAYG phone? Or do you just lose the phone cos you cant use it again, and lose out the the money that you paid for it.

Just a question that i think we need aswering before we go into these contracts? :confused:

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

No they will not take your phone from you. You can continue your service with them after your contract is over. Or you could use the iPhone without the phone functionality.

3. PDE macrumors 68020

On the box it says that ATT service is required for continued phone operation after the end of the initial contract, so I assume that your phone will always be locked to ATT and that no other service provider will ever be allowed. As long as you stay with ATT, you'll be able to use the phone. If you leave, you can only use the other stuff.