iPhone after "unlocking" wants unknown iCloud activation account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noctornus, Jun 4, 2014.

1. noctornus macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.
    My cousin purchased iPhone 5c new in France from SFR on contract. It was activated with his simcard that came with the phone. He gave me the phone and he is using simcard on other phone. Because I do not live in France anymore I was using it with R-SIM interposer. Everything was working normally, I have iCloud account and FindMyPhone enabled on it. It was working normally until 7.1 update. Rsim was not supporting that update.
    I was thrilled with factory unlocking on eBay, that unlocks iPhones from SFR network for small money, and I bought one of those.
    After that unlocking, when seller notified me that it is unlocked, I inserted my simcard in phone and activation menu pops up, wanting some unknown account credentials from me. When I eject sim card, it brings me back to phone and I can use it normally, everything, even changing my iCloud password and everything else.
    Video is showing what is happening.
    http://youtu.be/6rmfp5Uid_I
    Can anyone please help me. Everyone is telling me that phone is stolen or something, but it's not and never had anybody make any changes on it, except me.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

have your cousin remove the iCloud information, i.e., remove find my phone settings on the phone. There's no work around he has to do it.

3. noctornus thread starter macrumors newbie

He haven't used it at all. I was with him, he only activated phone and gave it to me. It was new.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

There is your problem.

5. 869639 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking the bigger problem here...someone has activated the iPhone using one of those programs in the wild and now when it tries to confirm activation with Apple Servers, the real iCloud account that its locked with is asking the phone for the password to it.

I am predicting this because you mention you used R-SIM...I know that once those programs that are used to bypass iCloud, they simply do so by connecting to alternative server rather than Official Apple iCloud server, so the phone thinks the iCloud account is no longer required. But when that phone makes connection back to Apple Servers for any activation related instances, it gets reminded that its iCloud locked.

I never recommend the programs as they are nothing but false hope to people.

The other limitation is that Cellular service will not work unless of course tricks like R-SIM are pulled on the device.

I could be wrong but based on what you told me I am suspecting what I have seen in the market.

People do lots of wild things out there and you never know until you experience it because they do it all just for the quick cash.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, you're out of luck.
    Phone was lost or stolen and now locked.
    Nothing you can do about it.

7. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Actually, there is, believe it or not. We developers do this for a living. But no such information is to be discussed on this forum. :cool:

8. patt2k macrumors regular

if you got this phone in a legit way I think if you turn off wifi and try to remove find my iphone it should work idk since you know the pass code.

9. noctornus thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting thing is that it's not stolen or lost. And I did used it before, months ago, with no cellular service on it. Did not used R-SIM before with it, just a few days ago I tried it. I did updated iOS before Rsim, a few times, all it wanted for update is my AppleID. As I know, if it's connected to some AppleID, you can not update it. But now, after that unlocking, it wants that AppleID I have never heard of. Nobody except me didn't created any AppleID, because I was with a person when he purchased it.

10. 617aircav Suspended

Apple id has nothing to do with your SIM being locked or unlocked.