iPhone Alarm bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by binaryspazz, Sep 30, 2008.

1. binaryspazz macrumors member

So, i've been meaning to start this ever since the iphone came out.
    The alarm has a bug, that I keep hoping will be fixed with each firmware upgrade. Anyway, the bug happens if the phone has a notification for a text or missed call. With that pop up notification in the way the alarm doesn't go off. Makes me late for class/work. I'm just trying to start some buzz about it, so that it might get fixed. So, let me know if it's happening to you?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I haven't noticed this, however, I'm usually up pretty early and don't have any missed calls or texts through the night. I'd be very interested to see if anyone else notices this.

3. binaryspazz thread starter macrumors member

I'd be perfectly okay with sending you a text message in the middle of the night to have one more behind me on this problem. :D

4. Lamplighter77 macrumors member

Hmmmm...

My girlfriend has been having issues with her alarm never going off some mornings. It could be related to a notification she might have gotten during the night. I don't think her's is caused by missed calls or texts but it could be getting down below 20% battery remaining and giving her that notification.

But on the other hand, I have never had a problem with mine and I am bound to have let my battery get below 20% overnight at least a few times and probably had a few missed calls/texts at night too since I started using my phone as my alarm...I'm going to try and look into this further tonight.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thanks, but no thanks.;)

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

:confused:
    I have at least 2 missed calls and 1 text msg on my screen when my alarm goes off. Makes it a PITA some times to kill the alarm but it goes off.
    Then again i'm still on 2.0 or 1.1.4 depending on which phone i get.