iPhone alarm?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aperture01, Aug 1, 2007.

1. aperture01 macrumors member

aperture01

Hey everyone,

I was just about to go to bed and as usual since my old crappy LED alarm clock needs a cord and a table to sit(I have no table to put it on). I usually set the alarm on my Motorola SLVR.

I'm thinking about purchasing an iPhone this Friday and I just realized "OMG that alarm function is very important to me!"

Can I set the iPhone to have an alarm? Or do I have to do an iCal appointment or something. I think every phone i've EVER used had an alarm on it. Even my old NOKIA with the green backlit screen and monochrome text from like 2000.

Any word?

2. ~J~ macrumors 6502

You can set multiple alarms, name and save them. I have one for weekdays, one for Saturday, one for Sunday... you get the idea. So, in short, ya.

3. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

I also had a Motorala SLVR before I got the Iphone.
    Yes you can set the alarm with the Iphone for different days at different times if you want and with varying tones.
    Best thing about it you dont have to keep activating the alarm clock every night before bed. Once you program it, it stays active for the days and times you have it set.

4. ~J~ macrumors 6502

I should mention tho... the iPhone isnt that loud... so if you are a heavy sleeper, you may sleep right thro your alarm... just FYI...

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

As mentioned above the iphone has plenty of alarm options and leaps above from what my last phone was. Set one alarm time for weekdays and forget about it. Really love the alarm function/interface.

6. bmustaf macrumors regular

FWIW, I use my iPhone as my alarm clock and I sleep like a goddamn log...wakes me up. I use the "alarm" ringtone which sounds like a Klaxon, much louder than the others (agreed the other ones are soft and pleasant, the alarm is NOT).

You've probably heard rumors the iPhone's speakerphone is about as useful as screen door on a submarine, but the alarm has never failed to wake me up, and I like the snooze is just a touch of the screen whereas a disable is a slide lock that requires more coherence.

Very well implemented, and it is loud enough...at least I think so.

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Never really trusted a cell phone based alarm until now. Works like a charm. I actually have several alarms running, and you can set one to go off, say every friday at 4:20 if you like, along with one to wake you up. I prefer the 'old phone' ringtone to wake me up.

8. balsa macrumors newbie

I have no problems being awakened by the "Digital" ringtone.

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

gee..now why would someone need an alarm set to go off every friday at 4:20? That is soooo strange ;)

10. madfresh macrumors regular

I set my alarm with my iPhone a couple times. Didn't even wake me up.