iPhone All Models Permanent Unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lotzosushi, Jul 22, 2012.

1. lotzosushi macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

A bunch of blog sites have been posting about the site Applenberry the past week about a $150 solution to permanently 'factory' unlock any iPhone model on any firmware/baseband. Has anyone ever tried it or know if this is legit?

It requires your iPhone Serial Number and IMEI, which I'm guessing they either somehow have access to Apple servers or are emulating one to activate your phone giving it an unlocked status. Not entirely sure how it works but it would definitely be a decent price for having a permanently unlocked iPhone!

http://www.applenberry.com/iphone-imei-unlock/

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Seeing as AT&T unlocks iPhones for free I doubt they'd need access just an AT&T account to do this and its only for AT&T phones

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Things like this have worked before, but I still wouldn't trust them.

Not if you're still under contract, unless their eligibility terms have changed since I tried it.

4. lotzosushi thread starter macrumors 6502

lotzosushi

Yeah, I'm sure it will work but I'm afraid that something will happen in the future where their service is terminated and my phone will go back to being locked or something.

5. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

once you are factory unlocked its permanent

6. kevink2 macrumors 65816

In general, ATT only unlocks your phones if you are out of contract. Which I'm trying this week, I emailed my info to ATT since my 2 years was up on my 4 as of July 4.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I just had it done for $55 from a guy I found on eBay. I don't want anyone thinking I'm pushing this guy's service as many posters seem to be doing so I'm not posting the name but just search eBay by "lowest price" and I am sure you will find it. I went to his website and it was $5 cheaper than on eBay. Took 2hrs and done last Saturday. Anything over $50-$60 is a ripoff. Even that is a ripoff but right now it's the cheapest there is.

8. swiftbmx macrumors regular

This service has been dropping like $10 everyweek. I'm seeing it as low as $39.99 on ebay now. Should be below $20 in a few more weeks. No idea why you'd want to waste your money on applenberry at $150.