Iphone always on...when plug in

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pj07, Apr 24, 2012.

1. pj07 macrumors newbie

I traying to Upgrade iPhone to iOS 5.1 Without Updating Baseband (Mac), but when I connect my device to the computer via USB and power it off, and the next step should be Pwned DFU, my Iphone is turning on...and can not stay off...so I can not put it in DFU mode...why is always on and can I fix it...thanks

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

This turning on by itself should not happen, and usually means that something is messed up. When it happened to me, I was still able to get it into DFU mode:

1) Turn off the device while plugged in.
    2) As soon as it is off (or immediately after it starts coming on) press Power and Home. You actually have around a second after the apple logo appears to do this.
    3) Keep pressing Home and Power for ten seconds. The Apple logo will disappear after around 8 sec. Sometimes the screen will briefly flash the "connect to iTunes" screen before turning off, that is OK as long as it turns off.
    4) Let go of the power button, but keep holding the Home button for another 10-15 sec.

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I usually just hold power and home til the phone shuts off, continue holding for about 5 seconds, then let go of the power button until the phone's in DFU mode.