Iphone always swith off by itself and jailbreak problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by clippers13, Jun 19, 2010.

1. clippers13 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I have a 3gs 3.0.1 (Modem Firmware 04.26.08, Model is MC) and it is locked. Recently I always found it turn off automatically then can't switch on until i use a bush to clean the charge jack. Also, the battery always shows 100%.
    I jailbroken it around ten months ago and never updated to any new version.

As my phone always switch off. I want to restore it to 3.1.3. Here is my questions

1) What software should i use to jb after restore. As i know use spirit will not be able to unlock it. And the sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 seems can't support my modem firmware.

2)Will the Modem firmware change once I updated to 3.1.3?

3)I've already back up my shsh and it shows "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3. What does that mean?

4)I can still use itunes to update to 3.1.3?

I'm very appreciate for your opinion!

Thank you very much for your help

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

1)i would use Pwnage tool, or a custom firmware created by pwnage.

2)If you updated to stock 3.1.3 (or any official FW) your modem FW will also change (permanently). Your Modem FW of 04.26.08 is very desirable so you should keep it.
    Any Custom FW will keep you BB (Modem FW) as is.

3)You can only restore to the official package Apple signs for (not including custom FW). at the moment apple will only sign 3.1.3, but when 4.0 is up and running, they wont sign for 3.1.3.
    This feature allows you to store a signature from apple and restore back to that FW.

4) if you want.

3. clippers13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you pixelated!

3)You can only restore to the official package Apple signs for (not including custom FW). at the moment apple will only sign 3.1.3, but when 4.0 is up and running, they wont sign for 3.1.3.
    This feature allows you to store a signature from apple and restore back to that FW.

As you said above, i can use another software (not iTunes ) to update to 3.1.3?
    But i am using 3.0.1. Once i update it via iTunes. My FM will change and i still able to use pwnage to jb and unlock it?

Thank you

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

no, to clarify, restore through iTunes using your own Custom FW created with Pwnage tool. The FW is already jailbroken and comes with Cydia installed.here's an iClarified guide
    Once you open cydia you can download ultrasn0w (the unlock tool for 04.26.08). If you are on a windows machine and cannot use Pwnage you can still install a pwned FW if you download one from another source.

5. clippers13 thread starter macrumors newbie

unfortunately i am using window xp. And i think i have to restore it via itunes coz it switch off every one or two hrs. I have to use a little broom to clean the charge jack before i switch on it.

I really want to keep my jailbroken phone but now it seems force me to use itunes to restore.

any advise pixelated?