iPhone and 3G

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macgeek77, Feb 16, 2008.

1. macgeek77 macrumors regular

I am still deciding when to get my iPhone. For months I have been waiting for a bigger storage size, and how the 16GB have come out! But now that I am hearing about 3G sometime this year, I am wondering if waiting more months is worth the technology. I know one can never have the latest thing forever, but is the 3G worth the wait? If it is going to come out, does anyone have a guess for when? Thanks!

2. Hoo03 macrumors regular

I am glad that I am not in your situation, yet.

I am stuck with Verizon until July 2008 and at that time I will more than likely choose an iPhone too. Hopefully 3G will be available by then! If not, I think I will simply let my current contract expire.

But, as for your question, here are 2 big questions that I would personally consider before I make a purchase:

Am I willing to possibly spend extra $ for the initial 3G iPhone compared to the current one?
    Am I willing to wait for potential improvements?

Whatever you decided to do, good luck! :)

3. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

i dont think 3g will become available until battery life isnt affected

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

if you want it, get, i say. I couldnt live without mine now and i plan to get the 3g when it comes out 'towards the end of '08' to quote, i already have the contract and im happy with it so even if it meant restarting it id still be happy, resale will still be good on the 1st gen model.

5. Chris88 macrumors member

I am in the same boat my contract with Verizon is up in Nov. I would like to get an iphone but I don't know how AT&T coverage is. I work for a utility company in New Orleans and we go out of town a lot. My phone from Verizon works every where I have gone. But if G3 is not out by then I might just get the 16 gb iphone any way.

6. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I just got my iPhone and I'm thrilled with it. The 16 gig is really nice. The speed of the network is tolerable. Wifi is awesome, neither the 3G nor the current network will approach Wifi. So if you need it, get it.

Coachingguy
    Happy new owner of a 16gig iPhone

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Which it already isn't.

It is just a matter of time and I doubt Apple would release a non-3G phone for the Scandinavian market.