iPhone and a VW Golf

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aido2002, Jun 4, 2011.

1. aido2002 macrumors member

I recently got a brand new 2011 Volkswagen Golf. (I love it, thanks for asking.) One annoying thing, though: when I pair my iPhone 4 to it, the Golf syncs my contacts. That way, I can just push a button in the car, tell it the name of the person I want to call, and it calls. But, it has all my contacts backwards: for example, if I want to call John Smith, I need to say: "Call Smith, John." I can't find a way on the car to fix this. Is there something I can do on my iPhone to have it sync my contacts in the correct order?

Thanks in advance.

2. aido2002 thread starter macrumors member

3. Genocide macrumors member

Its not ideal but you could always switch the names around on your phone. Put John in the last name section and Smith as the first name. Its a workaround and won't be to practical when trying to use your phone by itself but it seems like your car wants you to state the last name first.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

How are the contacts sorted in Address Book/the iPhone? Maybe you could change the order and re-sync to see if that "fixes" it.

5. jcuk macrumors member

Try changing the sort order in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Scroll down to Contacts > Sort Order / Display Order.

This might make the car read / expect the contacts in a different manner.

Cheers,
    Jamie