iPhone and AirTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogbza, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ogbza macrumors newbie

Does anyone think part of the 2.0 software will enable the iPhone to output music via Airtunes? I would love to be able to walk around my house listening to my tunes from the phone.

And another thought, does anyone think that apple may start supplying us with some of our requests, but make them AppStore add-ons ($$$) as opposed to including everything in "free" software upgrades?

2. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

I've been waiting for this one for a while now...seems like such an obvious thing but then so does cut and paste...especially now were getting 'apps'

1) remote buddy will act as an itunes remote control which will accomplish essentially the same thing assuming you have you computer on.
    2) Wouldn't be surprised if someone like ameoba s/w developed an airfoil app for iphone which did the same.

3. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

I think they would have said something at wwdc maybe it will be in 2.1

4. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Attached Files:

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

I know. But they should clarify.

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I have also been waiting for this for a while. I really hope we'll have this functionality.

8. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Now, this is an idea. Never thought about this until now, but yeah it would be nice to stream from iPhone. This way you don't need to have your computer turned on as the iPhone in a sense has "iTunes" and the music is on the iPhone.

9. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I don't think that's quite the idea. Streaming from your iPhone would drain the battery pretty fast. The idea is for the iPhone to act as an iTunes remote so that you can change songs, volume, playlists, etc. all without having to physically go back to your computer.

Remote Buddy is okay. But it's a web app, which are inherently slow and don't update in real time. They also get all messed up when you switch programs. But it's been alright in the interim.

10. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

i think that's exactly it. i have a laptop and i don't want to leave it on just so i can stream music. i want to bypass the computer. and besides if you are in proximity of an airport express chances are you are at home on your couch, which means you could easily charge the phone when needed

11. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Well then, let's just ask Apple to do both. I think one is more of a remote approach (AppleTV, iTunes, Frontrow compatible) and the other is acting as iTunes stand in with streaming directly from phone.

I personally want both, but would rather have....well, never mind I want both.

12. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

if your iPhone is jailbroken then under the Installer you will find an app which enables you todo airtunes.. cant think of the name..

13. ogbza thread starter macrumors newbie

I would love to hear more about this. Anyone know what its called? I would consider jailbreaking for this.