Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayhay

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I purchased a white iPhone in march. A few weeks after I bought it, the phone began showing the small cracks that the white case is nutorious for. The apple store took it back for exchange without issue as they said this is a known issue with the white ones. I asked if I could get a black one instead, and they said no, but that I can bring the phone bathe again if it does the same thing again. Surprise surprise, it is happening again...

Basically, I am wondering how long after the release of the new phone will the apple store still carry the GS models? If I wait a year to bring the phone back, will they exchange my phone for the new modle or should I just wait until the new phone is released, exchange and sell they exchanged GS phone and use the money to buy the newly released one?

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
They'll have old models for replacements for at least 2 years (length of AppleCare). After that they'll probably just tell you to buy a new one since it'll be the same price as an out of warranty replacement.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Apple will still have plenty of refurb 3GS to exchange it with.

Correct. And even if they don't have any in stock, they can order one. That's what happened with my old 2G iPhone when the 3G iPhones were on sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.